His Excellency Dr Irfaan Ali, President of the Co-Operative Republic of Guyana to Officially Open the Guyana Oil & Gas Summit
- Official Summit with Government announcements on projects, plans and timelines in Guyana’s oil and gas sector
- Summit will include online sessions, live Q&As and discussion break out rooms to ensure high level networking and exchange with key decision makers and experts in Guyana’s oil and gas industry
- Delegates will gain insights into the latest developments and project announcements crucial for successful investment decisions in Guyana and the region, as well as the key recovery strategies post pandemic
- Key focus on local content, education, opportunities for local businesses and increasing women’s participation in the energy sector
- Virtual Event will take place on 1 – 3 December 2020, through an interactive platform which will help investors to prepare their future projects in Guyana
- The Physical Summit will take place in Georgetown, Guyana, on 9 – 10 June 2021
GFEn and the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce and Industry are delighted to organise the upcoming Guyana Oil & Gas Summit the 1 – 3 December 2020. The Summit will include several content-rich panel sessions, enabling senior decision makers across all industries to connect and engage with each other virtually to hear the latest project announcements and facilitate practical solutions to successfully develop their business in Guyana’s energy sector.
The event will welcome key speakers, including His Excellency Dr Irfaan Ali, President of Guyana, Hon. Vickram Bharrat, Minister of Natural Resources, Hon. Deodat Indar, Minister within the Ministry of Public Works with Responsibility for Management of Energy Sector, and many others.
Nick Boyer, President, Georgetown Chamber of Commerce & Industry has stated:
As President of the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce and Industry I am delighted to partner with CWC – GFEn to organize the Guyana Oil & Gas Summit 1 – 2 December. With a new Government and a new vision for the future of the energy sector we are welcoming national and international experts to join us and meet us to identify business opportunities and forge future partnerships.
The Summit constitutes of virtual networking opportunities, executive panels delivered by thought industry experts providing exclusive the latest updates on key topics such as:
- Guyana in the Global Energy Markets: Future Industry Trends and Scenarios for Recovery
- Local Content Strategies for a Successful Oil & Gas Industry: Lessons from around the Globe
- Educational Virtual Breakout Rooms – Where Internationals Meet the Regional Companies
- Sustainable Petroleum Regimes: Creating a New Environment for Energy Projects in Guyana
- Financing the Oil & Gas Industry Recovery & Attracting Investment to the Region
- Deepwater Projects, Technology and Innovation in the Oil & Gas Sector
- Energy Transition in Guyana: Looking at the Future
Over the past decade, the CWC Energy Portfolio has hosted over 100+ Ministers and Senior Officials at various events. The Guyana Oil & Gas Summit will bring together top energy investors and key decision makers interested in investing in Guyana. CWC, now a brand of Global Future Energy, will again provide the only platform for high level stakeholders in the region to convene. Our high-calibre event is held in association with the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce and Industry, a key institution to attract critical investment to Guyana and facilitate business partnerships between Guyanese businesses and international investors.
Speakers will include:
- Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali, President, Co-operative Republic of Guyana
- Vickram Bharrat, Minister of Natural Resources, Co-operative Republic of Guyana
- Deodat Indar, Minister within the Ministry of Public Works with Responsibility for Management of Energy Sector, Co-Operative Republic of Guyana
- E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General, OPEC
- E. Francis R. Fannon, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Energy Resources, US Department of State
- Greg Quinn, British High Commissioner to Guyana and Non Resident to Suriname
- Nick Deygoo-Boyer, President, Georgetown Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) Guyana